Today's post is the first in a week dedicated to all things romantic, sweet, and Valentine.
Valentine's Day is only a few days away, and I have been working on some fun posts!
In December last year I purchased the Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Candy Glow and have reached for it so often I knew I had to share my love for it with you! If you love a blush that offers versatility, radiance & glow, then keep on reading.
Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush - Candy Glow
Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush ($42.95 AUD 5.5g - Mecca Cosmetica)
The Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush is described as a “rose pink shimmer,” “soft coral pink,” and “peachy pink shimmer.” It can be used all together or with an emphasis on one or more shades, creating a “custom flush or highlight.” It is marketed as a baked formula, build-able in colour, and appropriate for all skin tones.
I have a light to light-medium skin tone and I have found Candy Glow perfect for my complexion. If you have a medium complexion it may transfer as a subtle shade, but beautiful never the less. Deeper complexions I think will find it lacking pigmentation. Sweethearts lasts a full day (8 hours) on me. Infused with Lingonberry Extract helps to brighten the skin and impart a radiant glow. The blush sat very well on the skin and didn't look powdery or emphasise my pores (thankfully) :)
Hello Sweet Cheeks!
Sweethearts comes together as a soft, diffused, light-medium pink with a subtle shimmer-sheen finish. I have been wearing the shades all 'swirled' together mostly, but it is a versatile product. Individual colour sections of the blush can be worn independently, so let's break down the three colours available; pink, coral and peach.
The pink shade is a pop of light-medium pink with subtle cool undertones and a soft, shimmery finish. It has a good colour payoff, and soft texture.
The coral shade is a coral-orange with barely-there sheen. The colour itself was gorgeous but appeared less buttery in texture to the other shades. Slightly odd.
The peach shade is more of a pinky-peach with a frosted shimmer-sheen finish. It has fantastic colour payoff, and it had the best texture of ALL three shades presented.
|Swatches taken under artificial lighting|
Bottom to top: Pink / Coral / Peach / Mixture of ALL colours, Candy Glow.
|Swatches taken in natural light|
Left to right: Pink / Coral / Peach / Mixture of ALL colours, Candy Glow.
- Stunning vintage inspired packaging. A pleasure to display on your beauty desk
- Protective packaging protects blush from damage
- The baked formula creates minimal mess and fuss - no loose powders
- 3 shades offer variety for a range of looks - use alone or all together
- Fantastic pigmentation
- Lasting power. A good 8 hours of wear
- Gives a healthy radiant flush to the cheeks
- Did not look powdery or emphasise pores
- Vegan friendly
- Paraben FREE!
- Against animal testing & 100% cruelty FREE!
- Slight sparkle to the cheek. I'm not saying chunky glitter, but sparkle is visible
- Consistency of all 3 shades differs, but all are of a high standard
- Availability - online shopping is your best avenue. Especially if you can get free shipping
- Price-point! It is pretty pricey at almost $50 AUD. My best tip is to wait for a SALE :)
Would you wear the Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Candy Glow?
If you are interested in purchasing 'Candy Glow' it is currently on SALE for only $36.90 AUD through the BeautyBay website with FREE international shipping! Alternatively, if you like the look of 'Something About Berry' OR 'Peach Beach' they can currently be found on the ASOS website with FREE shipping as well. Happy shopping!
What ever you have planned for Valentine's Day this year, make sure to treat yourself!
If you are flying solo, still go all out :) Feminism is alive and kicking in us all, buy yourself flowers and chocolates to enjoy. Buying for two means more treats for one!
Stay tuned for even MORE Valentine's inspired posts this week on Profound Feline!
If you are looking for a fun nail polish combination this Valentine's Day, please do check out my 2013 look featuring Essie & Chi Chi nail polishes:
Happy Valentine's Day,
Like this post?
Have my posts sent to your email: signup is in the side bar -->
* These products were purchased with my own money. All thoughts and opinions are completely my own, and are always 100% honest & unbiased. Thank you!