Sunday, September 9

High Tea Society


High Tea anyone?

It was my birthday a few weeks ago and I decided this was the perfect occasion for a High Tea! Well, honestly I would have found any occasion for it. I did a fair bit of research into High Tea venues in and around Adelaide, and after reading many a review I decided upon the Sunday High Tea at The Stamford Grand at Glenelg.


Yummy treats, beautiful friends and tea, yes please!



The views of the stormy and dark seafront from The Promenade Restaurants floor to ceiling windows were breathtaking with abundant natural light. The atmosphere was relaxed with quiet jazz music rhythmically playing under our chatterings. We were greeted promptly at reception and seated on a table for six I had reserved under one of their ornate chandeliers :)


Sparkly & pretty chandelier hanging overhead

First, we were offered the choice of tea or coffee. I opted for coffee first to help me recover from the previous nights antics. I later enjoyed two cups of tea also, I love tea obviously! After we had settled into our surrounds two beautifully and may I say tasty 3 tiered high tea stands made their spectacular entrance to the room and arrived at our table. I will let the mouthwatering pictures speak for themselves............


♥ Fresh Fruit Tartlets
♥ Belgian Chocolate Tears
♥ Raspberry & Lime Chiboust  



Ohhhh me, oh my!


Bright & bursting with flavour!


♥ Fresh Baked Scones


They arrived still warm from the oven....mmmm....


♥ Apricot Jam / Raspberry Jam / Freshly Whipped Cream


♥ Salmon, Cream Cheese Dill & Watercress
♥ Ham, Corn Relish, Lettuce & Spinach
♥ Cucumber, Lettuce & Mayonnaise (Vegetarian)


My beautiful friend Matt who blogs at milkseeds mysteriously masked


Here are the important details you need to know :

  • What: Adelaide High Tea at Glenelg
  • Where: Stamford Grand Adelaide in The Promenande Restaurant
  • When: High Tea Weekdays 12 - 5pm / Weekends 12:30 - 2:30pm & 3 - 5pm
  • Availability: Bookings are essential & subject to availability
  • Price: 3 types of High Tea are available ranging from $25.50 - $39 per person

* High Teas are for a minimum of two people


My favourite from the High Tea was the Belgian Chocolate Tears - they tasted like deliciously chocolately clouds of mousse that melted in your mouth. The only frustration for the day was no separate billing, which is always annoying when you eat out with a group of friends. Apart from that minor issue The Promenade Restaurant provided a beautiful atmosphere for relaxed Sunday chats with friends and yummy treats to boot!




I loved my first High Tea experience at the Stamford Grand Adelaide and would most definitely do it again! 



Have you had a favourite High Tea experience? 



I would love to hear from you!




Take care,


x.k








*This is not a sponsored/endorsed post.

9 comments:

  1. I was drooling while scrolling through this posts! The Belgian chocolate tear looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ty,

      Haahahaa sorry to make you drool ;) It was definitely a delicious birthday treat! I can't wait to go back again one day soon :P I love your blog by the way - thanks for visiting mine :D
      Keep in touch,
      x.k

      Delete
  2. Ohh wow. I want to do a high tea. I hear the one at the QVB in sydney is amazing. I feel inspired to give it a go!

    Luc X

    www.loveluc.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Luc,

      Thanks a bunch for your sweet comment! The high tea was so yummy! Oooo if you do a high tea I would love to see a post on your blog about it! :)
      x.k

      Delete
  3. Oh it all looks amazing! I have wanted to go to high tea at the Stamford Grand for a while, I just need an occasion now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer,

      Thanks for visiting by my blog and commenting :) Yes, I was really impressed with the Stamford Grand's High Tea service. Any occasion is a good occasion, make sure if you do go - take some pictures. I would love to see a post about it on your blog! take care,
      x.k

      Delete
  4. These foods made me so hungry!

    If you get a chance visit my blog,
    let me know what you think of it
    and if you'd like we can follow each other on GFC.

    http://www.momfashionworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm following you for sure :)
      I love your 'I Heart NY' post :) Keep in touch x.k

      Delete
  5. This makes me hungry:D
    i like your blog:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...