It's that time again, a new month! Therefore, it's time to ponder over some favourite and most used products for the month of May.
I have quite a few different items from beauty to body products this month. Let me know your recommendations, or your experiences with these products. I would love to hear your opinions.
(L-R & clockwise)
Rimmel Lasting Finish Nail Polish in Lemon Drop - In my opinion my favourite pastel yellow. As you can see from my nail colours I have been trying to hold onto the summer colour palette. It's now time to transition to winter colours! But nothing really beats brights to lighten my mood :)
Australis Nail Colour in Bombshell. A very opaque blue toned pink. This is a fantastic colour and I enjoy the packaging of Australis nail colours.
Australis Nail Colour in Sweetpea - I adore this colour so much! It's such a fresh colour and looks beautiful against tan skin. I used this colour in a NOTD post a while back- check it out to see what it looks like on :)
Revlon Colourstay Foundation in 150 Chamois/Buff - My Holy Grail foundation. I cannot imagine not having this foundation in my collection. It is a full coverage foundation with a satin/matte finish. It's buildable for those days that you feel more coverage is needed. Although, at the moment I have been sheering the coverage out by mixing it with one pump of Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation.
Dolly Wink Eyelashes- I heard great things about this Asian makeup/accessories company and the great quality of their lashes. I have to say I was not disappointed - they are well made (not flimsy) and the quality is most definitely there.
Urban Decay Naked Palette - Need I say more?! I'm sure you've already read about this beauty product. After many months of lusting over this product I finally purchased it and I'm so impressed by the colour selection and quality. Truly amazing, and I've recommended it to all my friends. I even bought one for my mum, that's how much I love this product.
Urban Decay Primer Potion Original - I received this as a part of the UD Naked Palette and I have been really enjoying this product. As it is a mini I have almost finished it. Although, I've loved the product I don't think I would repurchase as I would much rather invest in another MAC Paint Pot, perhaps Soft Ochre. I think Paint Pots are much longer lasting.
L'Oreal Paris Matte Morphose Foundation - I've nearly finished this foundation and have really enjoyed it. It goes on light-as-air and it's also buildable. It's easy to apply with fingers and dries to a matte finish, like the name suggests. Highly recommend for a 'no trouble to apply foundation'.
MAC Lipstick in Angel - My favourite lipstick when you want a nude/muted pink colour that isn't going to drain the life from your face. It can always be brightened up my applying a gloss topcoat as well.
MAC Eyeshadow in Star Violet - A stunning 'earth-touched-pinky-brown-plum-fusion'. Great all over lid colour or to warm the crease.
MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof! - I find myself using this eyeshadow almost everyday as either a brow highlight colour or to brighten the inner corner of the eyes. It's described by MAC as a 'frosted-off-white'.
ELF Cool Bronzer - I had never used ELF products until I bought a few items from their website in February. This bronzer is great value at $9.99 and it's divided into a quadrant of 4 matte cool colours.
ELF Blush & Contour -I saw this mentioned numerously in other people's blog posts and decided that I needed to try this little gem. I adore the packaging as it looks kind of 'NARS-esque'. The blush in the compact is a gorgeous pink coral which reminds me of Peachykeen by MAC. A great combo product.
ELF Blusher in Candid Coral - A cute little blusher that gives a peachy glow to cheeks. Slight shimmer.
Rimmel GLAM EYES Mascara -I've really enjoyed this product. It's quite a 'dry' mascara which I prefer as opposed to wet mascara's. If you haven't seen this mascara I recommend you have a look in store. It has two styles of application - one for volume and one for length. Although, I find I only use the volume wand.
Nivea Tinted Moisturising Day Cream -This is a product that I wear most days when I'm not going for a full coverage look. It's light but still offers enough coverage for my face - really love this one.
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study -I use this Paintpot as an all over lid and highlight base colour. I find it makes any eyeshadow more vibrant and increases the staying power significantly. Love this product!
Lancome Juicy Tubes in Watermelon - A super-glossy lightly sweet-scented lip gloss. I love this alone or paired with any lipcolour. I received this in one of my Lust Have It boxes - a fantastic lip gloss!
MAC Mineralise Skinfinish - Another HOLY GRAIL product of mine. This is a seriously amazing and multipurpose product that I cannot imagine not having. It can be used as a setting powder, blotting powder or as a foundation (if you like a matte finish). If you enjoy the coverage of mineral foundation without the hassle of loose powders, this one is for you!
Sigma Marilyn Retractable Kabuki Brush - I think this retractable brush from Sigma is my favourite brush I own from Sigma. It's SUPER SOFT and the portability factor is a major plus. Great for applying mineral foundation, setting powder or even blush on the go.
SPECIAL MENTION PRODUCT
Maybelline New York 'Instant Age Rewind' Eraser Dark Circles.
This product is amazing and very unique when compared to any other under-eye concealer on the market at the moment. The product claims to:
"create a radiant, refreshed looking eye area. Super concentrated formula with goji berry + haloxyl helps to erase the appearance of dark circles and fine lines, while visibly diminishing the appearance of puffiness around the eyes."
I will do a review with swatches on the blog soon as I think this product deserves a write up. If you have tried this one, let me know what you think!
Front row (L-R)
- John Freida Highlight Activating Enhancing Conditioner
- John Freida Highlight Activating Moisturising Shampoo
- Cussons Original Source Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel
- Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser
- Girlz Only Haircare Dry Shampoo
Back row (L-R)
- Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil
- LUSH It's Raining Men Shower Gel
- Nivea 3 in 1 Waterproof Makeup Remover
- LUSH Tea Tree Water
- Davroe Hair Wellness Tame Lemongrass Detangler
- The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream
- LUSH Northern Lights Soap (Limited Edition Christmas 2011)
- LUSH Tea Tree Water - This is the first toner-type product I've used from LUSH and I have nothing bad to say at all. I love that it pumps out in a mist so you can spray on as a toner or a refresher throughout the day. Not highly scented and gentle on my sensitive skin.
- Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser -This has been my nightly cleanser for about 4-5 months now and as the name says it's Ultra-Calming. I will be sad when I finish this cleanser, will definitely repurchase.
- The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream - I bought this product after it was recommended to me by a girlfriend. It has a gel like consistency even though it's called a cream. It has a clean scent, and feels light on the skin. I found no problems with my foundation blending on top of this moisturiser.
- Nivea 3 in 1 Waterproof Makeup Remover - I have super sensitive eyes. I'm not sure if it's another product I've used in the past that has affected me but my eyes just seem more sensitive these days. Now that I've found that this product works for me I'm sticking with it. It's really gentle and doesn't leave any residue behind after removing eye makeup. I initially tried the more fluid blue NIVEA eye makeup remover but it made my eyes sting badly. So if you are like me, try this one. It's great!
- Cussons Original Source Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel - This is the most minty shower gel I've ever experienced. If your not a fan or mint - stay away, but for fans of this you will be in love with this shower gel. You can pick it up in any supermarket or Priceline and it's really affordable. I got this on special for $1.99 but I think it's usually around the $4 mark.
- LUSH Northern Lights Soap (Limited Edition Christmas 2011) - A great little soap I picked up last year at Christmas time. Nothing amazing to smell. It's a fresh scent, but I just LOVE the colour - it makes me happy. I have it sitting at my handbasin for washing hands etc. If it sits in water for a while it makes this fluro liquid - it makes me think of alien blood or something out of Men In Black!
- LUSH It's Raining Men Shower Gel - This scent is HEAVEN! If you buy only one thing from LUSH this has to be it. It smells of honey and flowers and is very moisturising to the skin. I found out when purchasing that it's multi-purpose, doubling as a body wash and hair shampoo. So good!
- Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil - Smells like chocolate / cocoa. Need I say more? This is a beautiful product, especially for dry winter skin. Great applied straight after showering and let sink into the skin - amazing! You skin will thank you for it :)
- John Freida Highlight Activating Moisturising Shampoo - I'm not really sure if it is Highlight Activating but I find this works well with my blonde hair. I got back to John Frieda Sheer Blonde products quite often.
- John Freida Highlight Activating Enhancing Conditioner - I find this conditioner is fantastic at nourishing dry/ or chemically treated hair. A very creamy consistency but doesn't weigh my hair down with residue.
- Girlz Only Haircare Dry Shampoo - I bought the entire range (3 varying scents) of this dry shampoo at the beginning of the year at Target. They were on special for $1 each- so I thought I couldn't go wrong at that price. This 'Party Nights' scent is my favourite, but it may too be highly scented for some so I suggest to try these in store.
- Davroe Hair Wellness Tame Lemongrass Detangler - I received this in my Lust Have It box earlier in the year and ABSOLUTELY LOVE this product. I have just run out of this mini version and will be purchasing the full size. The lemongrass scent is delicious and I find it super-nourishing for my hair especially when heat styling.
What are your favourite products for the month of May? Feel free to comment below and if you want leave a link to your 'favourites' posts.