Wednesday, November 16

Vintage Finds

Hi everyone,

Recently, all I've been thinking about is vintage finds that are available at op-shops, vintage stores and vintage fairs. I've also discovered one of my good friends Matt has a penchant for vintage and the pre-loved too! I'm so happy to have another vintage-lover to talk to about where are the best finds, pooling our resources and inspiring each other with what we discover. Fun times!
I'm thinking this increased love and interest in vintage and shopping for such items may also be linked with me trying to avoid the pile of university work I still have to complete before I finish up for the year. Although I only have 2 weeks left of study I always seem to procrastinate *sigh* I'm trying to work on this.....see how we go.

Anyways, I attended a local Vintage Fair that is held just down the road from my house AND.....it's on EVERY 2 WEEKS! I have a feeling I'm going to spend too much money ullll.... I went with some of my friends who range from not much interest in vintage, to, of course the vintage lover's :) We found that even if we didn't all purchase items we had a "good look around" and it was a really interesting way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon. Here are some of the goodies that I collected at the North Adelaide Vintage Fair:

 This super cute vintage nail care set was just too adorable to leave. It cost $12 which I think was an amazing bargain as it contains all original pieces and is stamped 'made in Sheffield ENGLAND' - love it. I just think it's sweet and will be very handy to put in my handbag for emergency nail situations :)
The trinket box cost $5 and I think this will be a perfect little gift for my mum at Xmas!

 Here are some lovely reinvented vintage Christmas Cards that I got at the North Adelaide Vintage Fair. They only cost $1 each - I could have gone crazy and bought lots....but I chose to show some restraint. Although, I'm going to have another gander at the cards next weekend. I think they are going to be perfect to send to family for Christmas in a few weeks. Get excited people....Xmas is only 5 weeks away! Ho Ho Ho!
I especially love the card on the bottom right. I'm going to give this to my little niece - its says "For a dear little girl at Christmas".

Hope everyone's Christmas shopping list is being ticked off and preparations are in progress for this festive season. I haven't put up my Xmas tree yet.....so I better get cracking! How soon do you put up your tree for Christmas?

x.k.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...