Decided to to something a little bit different for this weeks nail of the day! I got some inspiration from a picture I saw in a recent Marie Claire magazine. It's a lot less complicated than it looks. Give it a go and see what happens, I think it's a cute little accent to your nails for something different.
You will need:
- x1 scissors
- x10 strips of newspaper containing whatever words you want transferred onto your nails.
- x1 shot of Tequila or any other alcoholic spirit ie vodka. Something that is clear in colour.
- x1 shot glass (filled with the Tequila before mentioned).
- x1 Base Coat and Top Coat nail polish. I used Essie in 'All in one coat'
- x1 Neutral nail polish. I used Essie in the colour in Bare Naked.
It's pretty straight forward so I will keep it simple.
- Use scissors to cut small sections of printed words from a newspaper. I used the careers section of the daily paper to hopefully instill some good luck for myself as I am job hunting at the moment :) Set these sections of paper aside for now.
- After applying the Essie Base Coat and waiting to dry then apply an Essie Neutral Nail Polish, let dry.
- When dry, pour a small amount of alcoholic spirit (Tequila) into a shot glass.
- Dip finger tips in the shot glass and then place a strip of paper over the wet nail and HOLD for 15 seconds in place.
- Gently peel back the piece of newspaper after this time and discard.
- Repeat the process on each nail - and then you are done!
|'Words in Motion' (with flash)|
|'Words in Motion' (without flash)|
I am hoping to explore a few different variations of this little D.I.Y nail project in the future. Maybe with a favourite saying, poem or verse with meaning. What do you think? Have you tried this one before and have any tips or ideas? Let me know!